Home Laser Hair Removal Machines
Posted on | August 16, 2013 | Comments Off
Gone are the days when people used to cover their bodies more. Today they are inclined towards exposing more skin to open air, and this change obviously calls for the removal of unwanted hair in a nice and quick manner.
Among many options including shaving, waxing, threading etc, laser hair removal has gained immense popularity over the years for providing quick, easy and long-term solution. Laser machines slow down the process of hair-growth and repeated laser treatments ultimately stop it.
You have two options for getting your hair laser removed: visit a professional dermatologist, or do it yourself at the convenience of your home. Visiting a professional may apparently seem a cheaper deal, but when compared with using home laser hair removal machines, the latter appears to be the most affordable solution.
In this write-up, you will get information about benefits, underlying process and types of home laser hair removal machines.
Benefits of Home Laser Hair Removal Machines
Privacy: You don’t have to compromise your privacy and feel uneasy by exposing yourself to a professional dermatologist.
Durability: The results of home laser hair removal machines last much longer than those of other hair removal methods. You are even guaranteed for permanent hair removal if you undergo repeated treatment sessions in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
Affordability: In comparison with visiting a clinic, using the laser machine at home does not hurt your purse as it entails only the first-time machine cost, nothing else.
How Do Home Laser Hair Removal Machines Work?
Hair follicles are considered the actual agents responsible for the growth of hair. The laser machines target these agents and eliminate their capacity by means of highly intense light pulses. There is a variety of such machines available in the market, but before purchasing any one, you must ensure two things: the particular machine is duly approved by the FDA; it is suitable for the skin type you have.
Basically, the color of your hair and the type of your skin determine whether or not you are a suitable candidate for laser hair removal. Though the variety of home laser hair removal machines is expending quite rapidly, you must be careful of which variety you are going to select. For your convenience, we have outlined some of the most common types of laser devices along with the description of their suitability for particular skin types.
Types of Home Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Diode Laser: This device is marked by its minute diodes that eject intensive light at comparatively longer wavelength. Diode lasers are perfectly suitable for people with medium to high dark skin.
- The long-pulse alexandrite laser: It is a unique type of laser on account of its access deep into the skin layer. Its sustained heat targets the hair follicles directly, and prevents them from re-growing hair. It is suitable only for fair skin people.
- Ruby: It’s a quite expensive hair removal laser machine, mainly because it uses red colored beam that is strong enough to eliminate dark melanin by a mere short pulse red light. However, its side-effects outweigh its benefits when used by people with dark skin.
- The Q-Switched Nd: This laser machine produces two different light waves that vary in their length. It has an infrared light that accesses deeper skin layers and targets dark pigments, and a green light, that impacts only the nearer skin layers and light pigments.
- Pulsed Diode Array: Similar to infrared light laser, it is also suitable for medium as well as dark colored skin such as Hispanic.
In fact, all of these home laser hair removal machines are effective, some more and others less. It depends on which hair color and which skin type you have. In addition, the cost of above-mentioned machines varies drastically, for every manufacturer introduces innovative features relating to speed and the comfort of the process.
Before choosing any such device for your home use, consult with your doctor in order to avoid any unknown but possible complications. Once purchased, read all the instructions given by the manufacturer, and follow them conscientiously to get the optimum results without any hitch.
The best way of purchasing your desired home laser hair removal machines is going online – there is a lot of information, customer reviews and on top of that online stores to purchase exactly what you want without having to rush through the city.
In short, home laser hair removal machines work perfectly well for achieving the desired results. Select a device which is appropriate to your hair and skin, and use it in consonance with the instructions given by the manufacturers.